Form W-2 and Form 1099 Guide for Employees

ADP is here to help as much as we can, but for most questions regarding Form W-2, Form 1099 and other tax issues, we recommend you speak with your payroll or benefits department.

What to Expect


Your employers are required to provide you with Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Unless you signed up for electronic delivery, your employer must mail or hand-deliver your W-2 to you no later than January 31st.

You can view your W-2 online by logging in to your ADP product after January 31.

View your W-2 Online

How to I access my ADP W-2?
Most employees can view their W-2s online. Simply Log in to Note, not all companies use our online portal so if you are unable to log in, please contact your employer directly to ask about your W2.

  • Log in to another ADP product
  • Access and print Pay and W2 Statements from the free ADP® Mobile Solutions app. Download the free app

  • If you’re having trouble logging in, visit the ADP Login Help page.

    What if the information on my W-2 is wrong?
    If there’s an error on your W-2, please ask your employer’s payroll or HR contact for help.

    How do I access my W-2 from a previous employer?
    If you are unable to view your paystub or W2 by logging in to your ADP account, you’ll need to contact your former employer. For W-2s, you may also contact the IRS.

    For additional information please call 877-306-8126


    What if I haven’t received my W-2 or 1099?
    If you have not received your Form W-2 or Form 1099, please contact your employer to learn if and when the W-2 was delivered. If it was mailed, it may have been returned to your employer because of an incorrect or incomplete address. If you do not receive your W-2 by February 15th, you can call the IRS at 800-829-1040.

    My Form W-2 or 1099 information is incorrect. Who do I contact?
    If your Form W-2 or 1099 information is incorrect, please contact your employer to make the change. Examples of wrong information would be an incorrect Social Security Number, incorrect name, or incorrect wages. If your attempts to have a Form W-2 corrected by your employer are unsuccessful and it is after February 15th, contact the IRS at 800-829-1040.

    I need a W-2 or 1099 from employer who has gone out of business. What do I do?
    If your former employer is no longer in business, they are still obligated to provide you with a W-2. If you still do not receive your W-2 by February 15th, you can call the IRS at 800-829-1040.

    If you decide to call the IRS after February 15th, it will be helpful to have your last paystub available which should include your employer’s Employer Identification Number (EIN).

    Please note: Your privacy is valued, in order to protect your data, ADP cannot provide W-2's, login information or assistance directly to employees. Please contact your current or former employer directly. For additional information please call 877-306-8126.

    Need help on another topic?
    See all of our Employee Support topics.